This is a compilation of non-ASA services that Massey Albany students may find helpful.


Justice of the Peace Services

Do you need a Justice of the Peace to sign or certify documents?  A JP can:

  • Witness your signature on a document.
  • Certify copies of documents for you including cell phone texts and computer displayed results. 
  • Complete an affidavit for you. (Document that is sworn on oath or affirmed and is normally used in a legal proceeding).
  • Complete a declaration for you. This may be a statutory declaration made under the Oaths and Declarations Act 1957 or some other statute which provides for this to be done.

To download a blank statutory declaration form that you can fill in and take to a JP click here

When visiting a JP, take your ID, originals of copies if certification is required, and do not sign anything until you are asked to.

The Justices of the Peace on campus are:

  • Chaplain, Ricky Waters JP.
    • Available Tuesdays and Wednesdays on campus by appointment
    • 0800 Massey x 43449 
    • [email protected]
  • Rohini Subbian JP.
    • Available Thursday afternoons at the campus library by appointment
    • 0800 Massey x 43449 
    • [email protected]

Other local JPs are

  • Auckland Council Building, opposite Albany Village Library
    • Mondays 12pm-2pm
  • North Shore District Court, 79 Corinthian Drive
    • Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Thursdays, 2:30pm-4:30pm


Breastfeeding your baby on campus

The University have 2 rooms on campus for this purpose.

  • Library - room 2.03
  • Oteha Rohe Campus - building 88