Lecturer of the Year 2021 - Celebrating our Massey Teaching STARS!
The students' choice awards for the best of the best lecturers on the Albany campus - winner announced! Dr Greg Chawynski, senior lecturer in the School of Built Environment, College of Sciences being the ultimate winner in the 17th year of the LOTY tradition. Our video will be released on Monday.
Thanks to all students who nominated their lecturers. 136 lecturers were nominated by the students on the Albany campus which shows just how much students have appreciated the efforts of teaching staff who have gone above and beyond in 2021 with the campus being closed for what adds up to almost a full semester.
Lecturers were hanging out for an in-person celebration, and LOTY was delayed just in case that became an option, but it was not to be. However, we worked hard behind the scenes to bring them an online out of this world, astronomical celebration unlikely to be forgotten!
Nominees will be sent a certificate showing the positive comments that students included with their nominations and will also be the recipient of a branded LOTY 2021 face mask.
A sample of some of the comments that students submitted when nominating Dr Chawynski were:
- Greg is an incredible lecturer who cares deeply and personally about all of his students and goes out of his way to aid any student in their endeavours.
- Greg is an enthusiastic lecturer who facilitates a positive, engaging environment for his students. Greg provides industry leading experience in a comfortable inclusive space. I have never had a teacher who has made learning so fun and easy
- Greg is absolutely amazing! He is a great lecturer who delivers great material and knowledge. At the same time, he is supporting all students with all sorts of scholarships and internship opportunities. Spending time meeting students as well as providing consultation for us!
- A very warm and responsive lecturer. His lectures are practical and fun. Would love to vote for Greg and let the Greg Show continue on in the future
- He is helpful and patient and provided me a lot of help for me to be prepared and get a step into the construction industry.
2021 Lecturer of the Year Dr Greg Chawynski
College of Health : Professor Mark Henrickson
College of Humanities and Social Sciences : Dr Clifford van Ommen
College of Sciences : Dr Greg Chawynksi
Massey Business School : Dr Loren Stangl
2021 Advocacy Acolades
- The Cathedral Cove Award: Dr Alan Pope
- The Waitomo Award : Dr Daniel Thomas
- The Huka Falls Award : Dr Hugh Senior
- The First To See The Sun Award :Jessica Crewe-Brown
- The Kiri Te Kanawa Award : Associate Professor Ksenija Napan
- The Colin Murdoch Award : Dr Mike Horrell
- The Norma McCulloch Award : Monika Merriman
- The Pounamu Award : Dr Warwick Stent
- The Pineapple Lump Award : Associate Professor Winston Sweatman
The ASA Appreciation Award to a general staff member: Katie Harris (Service Leader Student Fees)
When you subscribe to the blog, we will send you an e-mail when there are new updates on the site so you wouldn't miss them.