Starting a club/Affiliating to ASA
If you don't find the club you're after on our clubs list, then you can start your own. Getting involved in the running of a club is good for your CV and also gives you valuable, practical and organisational skills that you'll be able to transfer to a future venture.
If your club has 7 or more members it can be affiliated to the ASA. (However, you need 10 members to be able to access club grant funding.)
Affiliation must be renewed each year and runs from 1st April to 31st March the next year.
Benefits of Affiliating to ASA
- Access to club grants!!!!!!!!!
- Banking and accounts assistance
- Promotion on ASA Website and in ASA Diary
- Post your club events on the ASA calendar
- 2 hours/once per week sports hall booking
- Room booking assistance
- Use of some ASA resources, bbq,van,go-pro etc (charges may apply)
How to Affiliate to ASA
1. Make sure you read, understand and can agree to Massey University's Clubs, Societies and Cultural Groups Policy.
2. New Clubs must make an appointment to meet with the Clubs' and Activities Coordinator, Kay-Leigh Wheeler.
(see contact details at bottom of page.)
3. Hold your Annual General Meeting and appoint a president, secretary and treasurer (and other office holders if you wish).
4. Head to the clubs documents page to get these templates and make sure that you complete them.
- Membership List Template
- Assets/Equipment List Template
- AGM Template
5. Sign in to the ASA and click on the affiliation option under clubs on the side menu.
6. Complete the online form and upload the necessary information.
7. Print off the affiliation application and club constitution that are emailed to you as part of the zip file.
8. Get your committee members to sign the affiliation application and club constitution and then hand it in to the ASA office.
Have any questions?
Clubs' and Activities Co-ordinator
Contact: Kay-Leigh Wheeler
Phone: 414 0800 x 43543
Contact: Jacqueline Adams
Massey Int: 414 0800 x 43073
Phone: 09 213-6073 Mobile: 021 0398 708